Saturday, April 01, 2006

Another baby blanket ...

I haven't picked up any needles or hooks since I've been back from vacation. I seem to go through phases. When I'm inspired or have events I need gifts for, I'm really motivated to knit and/or crochet non-stop. But lately I just haven't know what I wanted to make. So this morning I decided to start working on a baby blanket for my "honorary" neice who will be here in July.

I bookmarked this pattern for a "bubble" blanket a while ago. And about a year or so ago I picked up three skeins of Red Heart in a lovely "watercolor" variagted print. I figured this yarn would be perfect for the bubble blanket and will match perfectly the bedroom baby shall share with her big sis.

This morning I crocheted a swatch to see how it will look. It works up quickly, which is always nice. But I'm not so sure I like how the colors of this yarn come out in this pattern.

P4010004


Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i'm going to have to learn to crochet, i actually like the texture of that....!

Jess. R. said...

The texture is quite nice. And crocheting is MUCH easier than knitting, I'm sure you'll have no problem! :)