Saturday, July 29, 2006

More knitting homework

This week for homework, we had to make a cotton dish cloth. We made small swatches in class and then had to make a full sized cloth at home. The pattern is very basic, but it was a great way to learn increasing and decreasing. Tho I had already taught myself the basics from SnB, it was wonderful practice. Plus, it was a quick knit, which is great for my impatient nature.

I knit this dish cloth using size 7 needles and some Lion Brand cotton from my stash. CO 3
k1, yo, k until end of row until 45 stitches on needle
k1 row
k1, k2tog, k until end of row until 3 stitches on needle
bind off

See, easy peasy.

And now on to the pics:

Almost done ...



The FO:

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Great work! That is my favourite small project to bring with - I must have made two dozen of them this year alone ;o)